Getting your invoices paid faster and easier
For service providers whose invoices are processed by Plan Partners.
One of the most important aspects of working with the NDIS is making sure you get paid. At Plan Partners, we know how critical cash flow is to your business. That’s why we can help you get your invoices paid as quickly and easily as possible.
How we get your invoices paid
Plan Partners can help you get your invoices paid as quickly as within 4 business days.*
Exact payment times depend on:
- how you choose to submit your invoice: through our Fast Payment System (within 4 business days) or via email (within 7 business days)*
- approval of the invoice by the NDIA
- your chosen payment method: credit card or EFT
The graph below describes the invoice payment process step by step.
*Step 2 is fast-tracked when using our Fast Payment System, allowing you to be paid within 4 business days.
How to submit your invoices
You can submit your invoice to Plan Partners in two ways:
1. Fast Payment System
If you submit your invoice online using our Fast Payment System, it can be paid within
4 business days*. Available via your Plan Partners Service Provider Dashboard, the Fast Payment System is an easy online tool that:
- Makes it easier and faster to create and send your invoices
- Provides handy online features to help you look up NDIS items, select your customers and generate a valid invoice number
- Immediately confirms that your invoice has been successfully submitted. You’ll know instantly if your invoice complies with NDIS requirements and is ready for submission to the NDIS for approval.
- Allows you to download a copy of your invoice for your own records
- Lets you track the progress of payment of your invoice in your Dashboard immediately after submitting it.
How to use our Fast Payment System
Step 1: Activate your Dashboard: If you haven’t yet accessed your Dashboard, activate it by giving us a call on 1300 333 700 or send an email to email@example.com and let us know you’d like to do so. You’ll need to choose a single email address and password for your organisation.
Step 2: Submit an invoice: Once you’ve activated your Dashboard, submitting an invoice using the new system is easy. Just log in to your Plan Partners Dashboard and click ‘Submit Invoice’. Our handy online prompts will make sure that all the details you need to ensure your invoice is paid by the NDIS will be automatically included.
Remember, once you’ve submitted your invoice on the Dashboard, you do not need to send it in to us via email. The Dashboard does it all!
2. Email your invoices
You can also send your invoice to Plan Partners to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we can only process invoices which are sent to us as PDF, WORD or Excel files, so do not send links to your invoices.
As our team needs to manually file, review and validate invoices received by email, it will take longer for you to get paid – usually up to 7 business days*.
Make sure you include the following details to make sure your invoice can be processed by the NDIS:
- Your business name, ABN and bank details
- An invoice number
- The customer’s full name and NDIS number (if known)
- The service provided (include the NDIS line item number if known)
- The date that the invoice was issued AND the date the service was delivered
- The number of hours of support provided and at what hourly rate
- Invoice total (including GST - the GST cannot be on top of the maximum hourly rate).
Feel free to use our handy invoice template that features all these details.
How to receive payments
You can choose how you’d like to receive payments from Plan Partners: EFT payment or credit card payment. You can let us know which method you prefer by sending us an email or selecting your preferred option when signing up for our Service Provider Network (find out how to do that here).
- EFT Payments: If you use EFT, we will credit your payment within 2 business days of receiving and clearing your payment from the NDIA*.
- Credit Card Payments: If your business has a credit card terminal, you can get your money even faster – in fact, we’ll credit you within 1 business day from the time your claim is accepted by the NDIA*. You won’t have to wait for us to receive your funds from them first.
Track the status of your invoices
With Plan Partners, you can track the status of your invoices any time using your own Service Provider Dashboard. In your Dashboard you can also see which of your customers are plan managed by us, and you can easily update or change your details when necessary.
Click here to find out more about your Plan Partners Service Provider Dashboard.
More information for service providers is available on our website here. If you have any questions about an invoice, our payment options or Plan Partners’ services, please contact our friendly team today on 1300 333 700 or by email at email@example.com.
* Please note that not all aspects of the payment process are within Plan Partners’ control, so there may be occasional instances where there are unavoidable delays in payment due to unscheduled NDIS plan reviews and the time taken by the NDIS to process your payment. Please contact us if you have any questions or issues.