Making the most of your annual review
A lot can happen in 12 months! That’s why the NDIS reviews the plans of participants once a year. Towards the end date of your annual NDIS plan, your Local Area Coordinator will contact you to discuss what you liked about your NDIS plan, what you’d like to change, how you are tracking with achieving your goals and whether your circumstances or needs have changed in any way.
Whether your condition or living situation has changed, you require additional services, or you have some new life goals you’d like to achieve, the annual plan review is your perfect chance to tailor your NDIS plan for the upcoming year.
So, how do you make sure you get the most out of your annual review? We’ve put together some handy hints to prepare you for your next review.
- Prepare yourself: Before your meeting, sit down and think about your first year in the NDIS. Write down the things you’ve achieved, what you would change in your new plan, what your interests and aspirations are, and where you’d like to be in a year, then bring these notes with you into the plan review meeting. It might be handy to use our Checklist 'Getting Ready for the NDIS', which you'll find on our Resources page.
- Discuss it: Chatting about your NDIS plan with a family member, friend, or one of the Plan Partners team can be a great way to get some insights and clarity on what you want to get out of it. If you have Support Coordination, your Support Coordinator can also provide you with additional support to help you prepare for your review.
- Request Plan Management: Plan Management is not included in your NDIS plan by default, so if you’d like to receive Plan Management in the upcoming year, you will need to ask for it in your review meeting. The best bit is, it is your legal right to have it included in your NDIS plan. In the Resources section of our website you will find a form with which you can request Plan Management in your NDIS plan.
Check whether you are eligible for Support Coordination. A Support Coordinator is someone who can help you find and connect you with the right supports to suit your individual situation and goals. This can be particularly helpful if you have a number of supports and providers to juggle. Not everyone is eligible for Support Coordination. Make sure you tell your Local Area Coordinator that you want it, and why, and they will help you work out if you’re eligible. Read more about it here.
- Ask for a face to face meeting: Requesting a face to face meeting with your Local Area Coordinator is a great way to ensure you get the most from your review. While it might be simpler to review your plan by phone, the benefit you can get from talking about it in person makes it worth the bit of extra effort.
- Update us: Once you have received your new NDIS plan, contact Plan Partners as soon as possible, so we can update your Service Agreement if needed and continue helping you bringing your NDIS plan to life.
- Review your plan at any time: While the NDIS will contact you when it’s time for your annual review, you can request a review at any time if your personal circumstances have changed significantly.
While it might seem a little daunting, just remember that the annual plan review is there to help you get the supports you need to achieve your goals - whatever they may be!
Of course you can always contact us to help you prepare for your annual review. Just give us a call on 1300 333 700 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.