How to easily switch to Plan Management
NDIS participants are turning to Plan Management to help them be more flexible with their funding throughout COVID-19.
What’s the advantage of Plan Management?
One of the major benefits of Plan Management is that it allows you to use your funding to access providers who haven’t registered with the NDIS – something you can’t do if you’re NDIA managed. There are many ‘unregistered providers’ around the country that provide an excellent service but don’t have the time or resources to go through the registration process.
Plan Management has many other benefits. If you’re a customer with Plan Partners, you’ll have access to our online Dashboard also available as an App, which makes it easy to track your spending. You’ll also be able to chat with our expert team to get answers any questions you have about your NDIS funds.
Who can request Plan Management?
Anyone can request to have Plan Management included in their plan – all you need to do is ask. In fact, it’s your legal right to receive Plan Management if you ask for it, and there are no criteria you need to meet to be eligible.
How do I do it?
Requesting a change from NDIA managed to Plan Managed is a fairly straightforward process, simply…
- Give the NDIS a call on 1800 800 110.
- Explain that you want to switch to Plan Management so you can have the flexibility to access unregistered providers. Make it clear that this is because of COVID-19, or else your request might take longer to be processed.
- The NDIS will send the request through to your Local Area Coordinator, urging them to action it as quickly as possible.
- You will be contacted by the NDIS or your Local Area Coordinator when your request is approved.
- Give our friendly Plan Partners team a call on 1300 333 700 or sign up here to get set up quickly and start making more out of your NDIS budgets.
Find out more
For more information on the NDIS’ COVID-19 response, head to our special FAQs on the topic.